- We don’t sell your personal or business information to anyone.
- We tell you why we use your personal or business information, and we don’t use it for anything else.
- We limit how much personal or business information we collect, use, communicate and store to what is necessary for our purposes.
- Sometimes, our service providers need access to your personal or business information. They are only allowed to use your personal and business information to provide services on our behalf or to process the information as per our instruction. The only exception is when they have a legal obligation to disclose your personal or business information to the authorities.
- We may communicate your personal or business information to the authorities without your consent where permitted or required by law.
Types of Information we collect
The personal information we collect includes:
- Identification information: Like your name
- Family information: Like marital status, number of dependents
- Contact information: Like your phone numbers, personal address, email addresses
- Interactions and preferences information: Like data which relates to your use of our products and services, data from your interactions with us, our website, our apps
- Design Preferences: preferred design aesthetic, places you like to shop, ideal vision for your home or business
We collect information about how you use our website. Even though this information is not linked to your identity, it can be in certain circumstances by using cookies. This is why we consider this data to be personal information as well when linked to your identity. The data we collect includes:
- The pages of our website viewed
- The date and time when those pages were viewed
- The region where you are connecting from (geolocation)
- How long each page was viewed
The web browser used (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc.), browser settings and the type of device used (Mac or PC, mobile or desktop, etc.), AdWords used and references from which websites, applications or social media you come from before your visit.
When and How we collect your personal and business information
We collect personal or business information when you give it to us directly.
- When you request design services
- When you fill in an online form
- When you subscribe to one of our email publications
- Whenever you use online tools and give information about yourself or your business
How we track your activities
When you browse our website, we track your activities to infer your interests based on pages you have visited. We may match this information to your specific user profile as soon as you identify yourself on our website by using cookies. We may do so to know what your interests are, to promote our products and services to you or your business, and to offer you or your business products or services that are more relevant to you or your business.
What cookies are and what we can do with them
Cookies are files that a website automatically creates and stores on your computer to collect information on your web browsing activities. We use first-party cookies to improve your user experience (most websites do).
Our website creates first-party cookies that allow us to:
- Recognize you the next time you visit our website
- Personalize our website, application, email publications and emails for you or your business
For example, we can know if you have already completed a survey so we do not ask you to do it again. These cookies are called persistent cookies, because they stay in your browser after you have closed your session.
We also use Google Ads, DoubleClick and other third-party cookies for marketing purposes. With cookies, we can:
- Automatically create lists about our users’ interests based on pages they have visited, not only within the LINGER DESIGN STUDIO website, but also with other websites
- Use this information to target users with specific ads
- Analyze how well our ads perform for a specific audience
For example, if you visit a page about business loans, an alphanumeric code that identifies you will be added to a list of users who are interested in financing solutions. This code will also be stored in a cookie on your computer. As a result, you may see a LINGER DESIGN STUDIO ad about financing solutions on a different website.
You can disable cookies
You can disable cookies in your browser’s settings. You will still be able to access our website, although some features may not work optimally.
Linger Design Studio does not collect any personally identifiable information about you when you visit the Website unless you voluntarily provide this information, for example by contacting us through our email forms (including sending us queries or responding through the Website). Personal information collected in these cases may include your name, phone number, and email address.
Why we collect your personal and business information
For business purposes
To identify you or your business
We use your personal or business information to identify you or your business.
To register you or your business
We use your personal or business information to register you, notably for an event.
To communicate with you or your business
We use your personal or business information to communicate with you and to answer your questions.
To develop new products and services
We may use your personal or business information to help develop new products and services.
To develop new internal tools and models
We use your personal and business information to develop new tools and models, so that LINGER DESIGN STUDIO can improve its operating programs or activities for the benefit of its client.
For web analytics purposes
To analyze how you use our website and improve your experience
We collect and analyze data about web traffic and visits on our website. This is called web analytics. Web analytics allow us to:
Understand how users utilize our website
Improve our website
Further develop our business and operations
To promote our products and services to you
We send you promotional emails only if you have specifically agreed to receive them. For example, if you have subscribed to one of our newsletters.
Whenever you have specifically given your consent, you can revoke your consent at any time. For example, you can always opt out of one of our newsletters.
To offer you products and services that meet your needs
We use your personal or business information to offer you or your business personalized advice and financing opportunities.
To advise you or your business when you or your business request our products or services and to improve your experience
We use your personal or business information to provide tailored advice and direct you towards the most appropriate resources, products and services upon request. This way, we make sure our advice, resources, products and services are best suited to you or your business profile.
To whom we communicate your business information
Our employees or representatives may view your personal or business information on a need-to-know basis
Our employees or representatives may view your personal or business information for their work for Linger Design Studio’s programs and activities.
They will not view your personal information for any other reason.
We may share your personal or business information in cases of fraud, suspected fraud
We may share your personal or business information with authorities in case of fraud or suspected fraud.
We may communicate your personal or business information in certain circumstances
In exceptional cases, we may communicate your personal or business information to others without your consent:
- If we are legally required to do so. For example, if we receive a court order to communicate your personal or business information.
- If it is impossible to get your consent and privacy laws allow us to communicate your personal information. For example, if it is necessary for the protection of public interest or to collect money you owe us (overdue accounts).